Monday, August 10, 2009

Ricky and Sonal + Terranea Resort + Helicopter = INCREDIBLE!!!

INCREDIBLE!! That's really the only way to explain this top notch Indian Wedding that took place at the beautiful Terranea Resort in Palos Verdes California!

Ricky and Sonal + Terranea Resort + Helicopter = INCREDIBLE! from Impressive Creations on Vimeo.

Ricky and Sonal are a super fun, outgoing couple. Ricky, the man with a vision (and his lovely mom), came to our studio just over a month ago with his list of great ideas for his cliffside wedding. Well, I don't think any of us realized how big this day was really going to be! The weeks leading up to their wedding was packed with traditional ceremonies and family festivities. It was really great getting to know Ricky and Sonal and to learn a bit of their relationship and the love they share for their family and friends.

The Monday before the big day I was thinking about Ricky, Sonal and the upcoming wedding at the Terranea Resort and it was then that two words popped into my head. "Helicopter Shots!!" At first I thought to myself, nah, no way, but then I thought, hey, why not! Helicopter shots of Terranea and the beautiful Pacific Ocean would most certainly be an Impressive Creation! Plus, Ricky had expressed to me his love for the ocean so I thought this would be an amazing way to complement his passions and his vision for his wedding. The thought of breathtaking panoramic shots of their cliffside ceremony began to overwhelm me and at first I was going to tell Ricky about my idea, but I thought I would save it for a surprise to be shown in their Same Day Edit during their reception. Well, all that to say, when that first helicopter shot popped on the screen, all of their guests exploded in a great roar of clapping and screaming! It was an amazing moment for Ricky and Sonal and for me personally!

This wedding was no small feat! I had the privilege to work along side of Amy Patel of Planning Elegance who was an absolute joy to work with (and very calm by the way). Amy and I got to sit together during the showing of the Same Day Edit and trust me, we were high five 'n' all the way through!! You rock Amy!!! Great job!!! Whewww... I don't know how you did it!! Jennifer Hyman, Leslie McCammon and Tracey Koven from Terranea Resort were extremely helpful and very accommodating throughout the entire planning process and the day of the wedding. I got a little nervous when the jib was a little bigger and badder then we all anticipated but the staff was great! Thanks Leslie!!

All the stages, linens, florals, floor plans and event design were coordinated by the amazing Shawna Yamamoto. DUDE!! You rock Shawna! All day, we got to shoot along side of Michelle From Jim Kennedy Photography. I'm sure she got some smoken shots!! You can see some of Ricky and Sonal's Engagement shots on Michelle's blog. I'm sure you will see their wedding photos soon!!! The incredible lighting and set decor was done by Amber Yin at Amber Event Design.

In closing, I have to say a huge thanks to the amazing team of Cinematographers and editors that made this whole Same Day Edit happen!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!! Definitely could not have done this without you!!

What you see here in this film just scratches the surface of all the incredible things that took place on August 1st. We will be posting new clips and a trailer of this spectacular wedding in the weeks to come.

Thanks for watching and we hope you enjoy!!

Brian

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Brian! That was a beautiful video and a beautiful wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Brian! Great Work...Impressive Indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brian,

    I don't know what happened to my first post. But I want to say it again since it got erased. You and your team are phenomenal! I knew the day I saw your work and met you that you would be the man to make my vision come to reality. You even went above and beyond with the Helicopter shots! They were awesome and the guests were all in shock! Thank you so much for making my wedding even more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian,

    I don't know what happened to my first post. But I want to say it again since it got erased. You and your team are phenomenal! I knew the day I saw your work and met you that you would be the man to make my vision come to reality. You even went above and beyond with the Helicopter shots! They were awesome and the guests were all in shock! Thank you so much for making my wedding even more spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a WONDERFUL video!!! I am getting married in Florida in December! It will be a Hindu wedding ceremony. Would love to speak with you about it!

    How do I get in contact with you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anonymous,

    Thanks for your kind comments!

    You can email me at info@impressivecreations.com

    Hope to hear form you soon,

    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go! The company name seems to fit accrodingly! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete